Saturday, August 23, 2014

August 23, 2014 Catch up.

Well we are still in Baltimore. A bunch of stuff has happened since we last blogged. I flew out to California and drove up to Tehachapi to visit my mom for a week. We had a great visit and I got lots of maintenance and repairs done around her house. Meanwhile, Lois and Adi stayed on the boat at Anchorage Marina in Baltimore. Lois walked the city shopping in the little stores, visiting art galleries, the National Aquarium and restaurants. I returned to the boat on August 14th and we intended to leave the following Monday for Annapolis. HOWEVER, on Saturday my left foot started to hurt and by evening it had swollen to about three times its normal size and I could hardly put weight on it. It got worse on Sunday and Monday morning I was off to the Johns Hopkins Urgent Care. The doctor thought it was an arthritis flare up and gave me some pain pills to help until it got better. On Wednesday afternoon, after three days of agony, I couldn't put any weight on my foot, so it was back to the doctor where it was determined that I had gout. I've had small run-ins with it before but nothing like this episode. Well two new prescriptions and about three hours after taking them I was finally feeling better. My foot is now almost back to normal without pain. I don't want this again so I'm watching my diet a little better. Tomorrow, Sunday, August 24th will be a work on the boat day and Monday we'll head to Annapolis for the week. All three of us are ready to travel again!

Los Angeles traffic.... Yuk! 

Row houses in Baltimore - Could be fun.

Jellyfish at the aquarium.

 At the Urgent Care.

I'm still able to shop at Costco.

Adi cat taking it easy.

1 comment:

  1. We are glad you are feeling better Mike! Ron & Kathrin

    ReplyDelete